Department: Information Technology and Informatics
Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Job Location: South San Francisco, CA
Theravance has a Systems Administrator position open in the Information Technology and Informatics department. The environment is primarily Windows with some Red Hat Linux. There are approximately 300 full time employees working onsite and remotely. We are looking for a talented, experienced, self-motivated individual to join our team and help maintain existing systems and implement new ones to support the needs of the business.
Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to the following):
- Administration of Office 365 – this includes proficient knowledge of Powershell commands to remotely manage 365 environment. This includes Exchange, Lync and Sharepoint.
- Windows Active Directory administration - including designing AD structure, backing up, restoring, importing and exporting AD objects. Also creating, testing, moving and rolling back new GPO policies.
- Implementation and maintenance of Windows core infrastructure including DNS, DHCP, DFS, ADFS,TMG, Windows Security Certificates and WINS. This should also include hardening and patching best practices.
- Help create, manage and document infrastructure security best practices and assit in security audit functions.
- Ability to build, upgrade and maintain VMWare vSphere and Horizon View infrastructure and virtual servers on multiple virtual and physical platforms.
- Hardware management of Dell / Cisco / HP / IBM / APC equipment including planning and monitoring of power and cooling capacities.
- Creation, administration and security best practices MDM / BYOD solution.
- End-user support: work with Helpdesk to provide advanced support and resolution for hardware, OS and application issues.
- Work with team to ensure high availability and reliability of Theravance systems.
- Work with team to ensure compliance with IT&I policies and procedures including those specifically applicable to Sarbanes-Oxley and FDA regulations.
- Create and maintain proper technical documentation of all systems for compliance and disaster recover.
- Windows Services 2003 to 2012: Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, WINS, IIS, DFS, ADFS, Terminal Services, Print and File Services
- Dell Kace k100 and k2000 patching and imaging appliances
- Microsoft Office 365
- VMware vSphere
- VMWare Horizon View
- Mobile Iron mobile device management
- Cisco Scansafe web filtering service
- Alert Logic security monitoring
- Solarwinds monitoring solutions
- Red Hat Linux / Unix experience would be a plus
- Cisco networking a plus
Candidates should have:
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm for customer service and the ability to work with users at all levels of the company including senior staff.
- A minimum of 8 years experience supporting IT infrastructure in a corporate environment.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and strong interest in new technologies.
- Ability to approach tasks with a sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends when needed.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong writing skills for creating project plans system documentation.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, and on occasion, work off-site at remote locations.
- Ability to be creative in finding solutions to problems.
- Willingness to take on tasks that are not necessarily part of your function.
- Life Science or Pharmaceutical industry background is a plus.
- System validation experience is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science/Information Systems preferred
- MCSE preferred