Welcome to Theravance Biopharma, Inc.’s, (Theravance Biopharma) digital channels, and thank you for interacting with us.
Our digital channels aim to keep you informed about what Theravance Biopharma is doing to create transformational medicines to improve the lives of patients suffering from serious illnesses. Our channels are intended for patients, healthcare providers, caregivers, advocacy groups, media, investors, employees, and job seekers as they look to learn more about us and what we are doing to discover, develop, and commercialize organ-selective medicines.
We welcome the opportunity to hear from you on our channels and hope you’ll find value in our content. When posting on our channels, you are agreeing to abide by these community guidelines to provide the best experience for the followers of our company channels. These community engagement guidelines apply to each of the Theravance Biopharma social media channels, including LinkedIn and Twitter, websites, and any digital channels we may add in the future. Our community guidelines also apply in addition to each channel’s Terms of Service; please visit Twitter, LinkedIn, or the relevant social media channel to view their terms.
- No Medical Advice Offered. We do not offer medical advice or otherwise engage in a promotion or discussion about specific products or treatment options — ours or other companies’ — on our social media channels. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions about your health, medical conditions, or medical care. As part of the community, please also refrain from providing medical advice to others on our channels. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or the relevant emergency number according to your location.
- Active Monitoring. We actively monitor our channels and will respond if we are able. However, your comments or questions may not get answered directly. In addition, there may be times where our responses may be by private message.
- Prohibited Content. Please be aware that the following conduct is prohibited and such content may be deleted or hidden if posted to our channels. Content that may result in the user being blocked from our channels includes but is not limited to the following:
- False or misleading information
- Profanity, defamatory, libelous, offensive, abusive, discriminatory, or demeaning content or language (including images, videos, and links) (i.e. offensive comments towards an employee)
- Disparaging, threatening, condoning violence or illegal behavior;
- Posts that offer health or medical advice (i.e. suggesting a treatment option to someone on our page);
- Commercial content (i.e. intent to sell products and services, or recruit fans and followers to other social communities);
- Posts or comments that are off-topic, excessively repetitive and/or disruptive to the community, or are spam;
- Inappropriate comments about other companies (i.e. disparaging comments, or any statements about their products);
- Posts containing proprietary, confidential, sensitive, or non-public information about, or related to, Theravance Biopharma or any other person or company;
- Violations of LinkedIn or Twitter’s or the relevant social media channel’s Terms of Service
- Respect. Please be respectful of our communities. Many of the communities we serve work in essential roles or are living with a debilitating disease. The purpose of our channels is to provide education, inspiration, and community. To do this, we ask that all comments and responses be respectful and on topic. If you have a question or comment that is off-topic, please send a direct message, or contact us at CorpComms@theravance.com.
- Do not report adverse events through digital channels or send us your health concerns. Please do not use the Theravance Biopharma digital channels to report adverse events or share personal health concerns online. If you believe you have experienced any medical side effects or reactions from any Theravance Biopharma approved or investigational product, you should consult your healthcare professional. If you are a participant in a clinical trial and believe you have experienced any medical side effects or reactions, please contact your clinical trial investigator immediately. You may also report these to us directly at 1-855-MED-THRX (1-855-633-8379). You may also report your experience directly to the FDA by calling 1-800-FDA-1088 or by visiting Medwatch. Theravance Biopharma does not typically store or use your social media profile, email address, or other personal details. However, if you report an adverse event through our digital channels we will be required to store and use identifying information about you such as name, location, and health-related information in compliance with our legal obligations. By providing adverse event information through our digital channels, you consent to such storage and reporting required under applicable law, including to the US Federal Drug Administration. In addition, if you report an adverse event or side effect on our page, Theravance Biopharma may contact you to find out more information.
- Non-endorsement. Theravance Biopharma’s following or reposting of content originating from other social media accounts or sources does not imply our endorsement. We are proud to be part of a community of forward thinkers, advocates, and people passionate about advancing medicine. We may at times share third-party content on our social media channels or like, comment on, retweet, or share content published by third-parties. This should not be considered an endorsement of the featured account or their activities.
- You must be the legal age to use the social media platform on which you engage us:
- 13 and over in the United States
- 16 and over in the European Economic Area
- 16 and over on LinkedIn.
- When you engage with Theravance Biopharma on social media, you permit us to engage back.
- If you are an adult, and your message contains the name or likeness of a minor, you must be the parent or legal guardian of that minor.
- Your posts, replies, or direct messages may also be submitted to law enforcement if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to detect and prevent fraud or to protect the safety of the public or an individual.
We appreciate your adherence to these community guidelines and look forward to engaging with you across our digital channels.
Last Updated: January 2021